? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21-25 Assignments


This week I would like us to focus on "finding our voice". This is our 3rd stop on the 6 traits of writing train, and it is just as important, as any of the traits that we will focus on. Let me paint the picture for you. Imagine you are watching a movie in black and white. Then along comes, Technicolor and POW! Wham! The picture comes to life, and you can see the beautiful red ruby slippers in the "Wizard of Oz". You could also think of "voice" as the spices that make the food taste better. Imagine toast without the butter and jam. How much better was the movie in color? We call these "spices" (literary terms) idioms, hyperbole, and colorful adjectives.
This week You will be graded on the quality of the lead that you use, the ability to use your "voice" and a great conclusion. Don't forget to use those transition words! Remember you are working with homophones, you will be challenged to bring the color to the stories. Because, I want you to have some fun, you may use the spelling word from the last 4 weeks too!
Below are the prompts to choose from. You must complete TWO of the four options:
1. Image that you have been selected to paint the walls at our new school. What theme would you choose? Describe what you would want to be put on the wall.
2. Your hairstyle won "most unusual" in a local paper. Describe why your hair won. What color or colors did you hair have in it? Was it long or short?
3. What would food say if it could talk? What would it say? Write a conversation you might have at dinnertime.
4. Describe how you will someday become famous.
ALL assignments need to have at least (5) FIVE spelling words. When you complete the assignment, leave me a message, so that I know you are ready to get your grade!
Happy Blogging Students!
Ms. Lines

11 Students had something to say!:

sb said...

pik not red not pupel pik and pinsols and a pic of a capital bilding and i love david cook on amarecin idol so we shod poup a pic of him we shod border the doors bail money and a boul of kernel corn by were you wack in

sb said...

for #1 sorry

b.leighve said...

my posts are up

Sarah said...

Done, you can check my blog now! :)
-Sarah

Our School Teacher said...

SB: You need to post on your own blog, not my comment section.

B Leighve: See me next week so we can work on style of writing
Sarah: I left you a comment!
Ms. Lines

Anonymous said...

hey ms.lines, its vicotria, i posted all my blog posts for this week, so you can check it out;)

hannah said...

Hi from Hannah, I hope your cold is better by Friday. I can't wait to decorate.

cutie boy said...

Hi ms.lines it is Brad you should visit my site or look me up.

cutie boy said...

Hi ms.lines it is Brad you should visit my site or look me up.

Jared said...

Hi, ms.lines. This is Jared Morrison. I have posted a few of my blogs. I'm sorry I'm so far behind. I will try to catch up soon. Here is my url: http://jared-guitarfreak.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Jared

JASONSBMXBLOG said...

ms.lines can you follow my blog JASON