? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, September 14, 2009

Assignments for September 14-18


Thank you to all the students that have completed all their assignments. I have been asking you to complete the writing prompts in any format you chose. This week I want us to focus on the Organization portion of our pieces. You need to have a solid lead and a strong conclusion. Examples of the types of leads are
1. Dialogue or a Question.
2. Voice or Anecdote
3. Tension or powerful statement.
4. Description or sound

Examples of types of endings or conclusions are:
1. The circular conclusion (typically echoes the lead)
2. Summary/Reflection
3. The emotional conclusion
4. Unfinished business.

OK, now let's try this out on our prompts, remember that you need to complete TWO of the four prompts listed below. All work is due by Friday and should be ready for me to grade.

1. "I must be dreaming", said the teacher, as he or she stepped onto the stage. (use a lead other than the dialogue provided.)

2. (This a narrative) Write about a time when you were really sad.

3. You and your friends have decided to start a band. The only instruments you have are items found in your home. Describe what you would use as instruments. How might they sound? What type of music might you play?

4. If a sunny, spring day was like someone you know, who would it be and why?

Your story will be graded heavily on the organization. If the lead is weak, if you do not have an ending...points will be taken off. You all have done great so far, let's keep it up and as a reminder "YOU MUST USE AT LEAST FIVE (5) spelling words from this weeks unit in your piece.

Happy Blogging everyone!
Ms. Lines

20 Students had something to say!:

Anonymous said...

hey ms.lines, its victoria,this isnt regarding the blogs, but its about josh bothering not only me, but as well as all the people who sit at the table. we're all getting really irrited, and we want him to stop. we cant really focus with him bothering us.

Our School Teacher said...

Fashinista 123: Let's be sure to report things like this in the correct way. I am sorry that some students are not focused on the task! See me after or before school to discuss further.

sb said...

hi i m sierra so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so hi :) ;0

FUN SIZE! said...

Hi Its Julie

FUN SIZE! said...

Hi Its Julie

FUN SIZE! said...

Hi Its Julie

sb said...

i love your blog spot so ya llllllooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee iiiiiiitttttttt

skater said...

hi ms lines its taylor this weak was good i skated for at least like 4 hours every nite.

Anonymous said...

hey ms.lines, I just wanted to apologize about the other post I had sent you the other day,and that this week has been a hazard for me, that I couldn't publish this weeks posts until sunday evening. thanks for understanding;)

- sincerely victoria

Anonymous said...

Hey miss Lines, its athena. I have posted the blog assignments and if you want some improvements for me to do on the blogs or questions, please ask. Bye!!!

JurassicParkFan218 said...

My blog's new name is Jurassic Fight Club

Ben(bob the builder Jr.) said...

i got my password back

Ben(bob the builder Jr.) said...

Aug 31- Sept 4
Item 1

"How long have I been asleep"? Said the pilot as the storm moved closer. As he scanned out and looked at the geography of the land, the clouds performed as a symphony. The thunder needed no microphone as it crashed across the stage of sky. The rain played the windows like a xylophone. The pilot pulled the camera out to make a memory photograph of his last flight. He smiled and continued to enjoy the show.

Ben(bob the builder Jr.) said...

People call me boring because
I have no shape. I’ve always
wanted to run in a circle but
I would always hit the corners
and go straight into a 90 degree
turn. Someday I will stretch
my sides and change my shape
because I believe in myself I
will be a circle.

Ben(bob the builder Jr.) said...

People call me boring because
I have no shape. I’ve always
wanted to run in a circle but
I would always hit the corners
and go straight into a 90 degree
turn. Someday I will stretch
my sides and change my shape
because I believe in myself I
will be a circle.

Ben(bob the builder Jr.) said...

roses are red
violets are blue
the cowboy used a tripod
to hold his hat
then he used bicycle to replace the horse
he then saw triplets riding his horse
and said look at my biceps their so big
then the trio of kids fell off and landed at the semifinals of the cooking contest

Anonymous said...

Hey ms lines its treven finsh my frist assiment its about my sad dayy. sorry about my pic i will change it.

Treven

Anonymous said...

hey miss lines i finsh my second assiment. Plese check it.

joshua said...

Hi ms. lines I finished my assignment you can grade it

candy said...

hi its kirtsen i have posted some things on my blog.