? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30-December 4 Assignmnets

Welcome back students! I hope that your Thanksgiving holiday was restful.

We have three weeks until the end of the semester and we need to be focused on our writing abilities. This season is a time for reflection of the past eleven months and a dawn for the coming year.
In the last fourteen weeks, we have covered out six traits of writing. We have practiced out leads, used transition words and focused on the endings or conclusions of our writing. Next we worked on the making our stories better by re-writing them.
There is a saying (idiom) that "practice makes perfect". Well, that is not completely true. We should all be saying, "PERFECT practice makes perfect!" Most of the time it is in our failures that we improve the most.
Think of Thomas Edison. How many times did it take him to create a filament for the light bulb? Thank goodness, he never gave up, or our world would be much darker now.

This weeks prompts are:
1. Imagine you found a strange bottle in your backyard. When you uncorked the bottle, a Christmas fairy popped out. What happens next? (Use 5 Five spelling words from all year)
2. Ms. Lines has been called to a meeting and she needs you to fill in. What would you teach in class? Remember she teaches both Language Arts and Social studies. What would the students be graded on? (Use 5 five spelling words)
3. Imagine you believe in Christmas and you get three wishes that would effect the WHOLE world. What would your wishes be and why? (Use 5 spelling words from all year)
4. Finish the story: "How terrifying!" said the inventor as he or she climbed the creaky staircase, in the snow. (Use 5 spelling words from all year)

Remember that you need to complete 2 (two) of the 4 (four) writing prompts by Friday. Be sure to leave me a comment so that I know you are ready to have me correct and log your grade in my grade book!
have a great week bloggers!
Ms. Lines

10 Students had something to say!:

hannah said...

I did one of my blogs Ms. Lines. ;)

Austin Weissenborn said...

I did one of my blog posts ms. lines:) ;)

joshua said...

Hi Ms. lines, it's me josh I just wanted to let you know that I finished One of my blogs and it's ready for grading. thanks.

Austin Weissenborn said...

Hi Ms. lines, it's me Austin I just wanted to let you know that I finished One of my blogs and it's ready for grading

Austin Weissenborn said...

POST ME A COMMENT NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Hot Tamale said...

I did all of my blogs. U should read "the bottle fairy" i combined the bottle fairy and the three wish blogs so really i did all four but only 3 will be there

Sarah said...

I finished one of my late blogs.

Anonymous said...

I have finnished. im grade ready now.

b.leighve said...

finished with the blogs ;)

Our School Teacher said...

Austin: Patience is a virtue....

Everyone else: Thank you for following the directions! YEAH!